1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vanity Fair ? slip question

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by cotmyey, Feb 21, 2005.

1. cotmyey

cotmyey VFG Member

Vanity Fair ½ slip question

Very crisp material, talks when you walk! I don't know 'types' of material, will have to take it to the fabric store.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Would this be a 50s' label? Sorta papery, and the printing is stamped on.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Thx. Gayle

oh hell!! may as well do the other labels here too. All are from ½ slips.( show you all what I DON"T KNOW!)

Van Raalte

[​IMG] [​IMG]

another Vanity Fair

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

Gayle I really think that Vanity Fair may be Tafredda ( I hope I spelled that right) Is it so crisp that you could crinkle it up like paper? Guess thats the only way I can describe it.

Still have no idea on that label. The pinking and the pleating look like it may be a 50's slip but the label that was used in the 50s is an embroidered one like you have below

3. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

Just remembered a slip I have in my dresser. Its not Barbizon which usually made the tafredda slips.

The fiber content is on the slip luckily 50% Dacron Polyester and 50% Nylon.

The stopped making the dacron slips because they were flammable. You can find info on the lingerie resource about dacron in the fabrics area. And there is a slip there of dacron.

This slip I have in my hand is very crisp and talks when you walk! ( I like that!)