1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Veronica at Rembrandt

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by erin hutchings, Oct 5, 2004.

1. erin hutchings

erin hutchings Registered Guest

Hi everyone.....I'm so hopeless with getting photos etc......I'sll have to get organised! In the mean time has anyone heard of the brand "Veronica at Rembrandt" made in England? I've just found an exquisite early 70's long dress and can't seem to find anything out about the brand which is really frustrating...........anyway the truth is out there.......

hee hee........

Erin ;)

2. artisannes

artisannes VFG Member VFG Past President

Sorry Erin I haven't - and I'm English!

You never know though, someone might

Anne

3. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Problem is, there were lots of independant designers in the 70s who had their own lines, which they sold through their own stores, or a few small stores, and keeping track of all of them is really problematic. Only the ones that made it into the 1980s are remembered, like Vivienne Westwood.

Isn't there a Rembrandt Hotel in London? It could be that her shop was located on the main floor....

4. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

I just did a vivisimo search and came up empty on this...sorry!

Sue

5. premierludwig

premierludwig Registered Guest

I don't know about Veronica at Rembrandt... but I have a few "Louis Feraud" Rembrandt outfits, and I recall my mother also having a few items in her attic that were famous names on a Rembrandt label.

I'd say all the items I've seen were from 1965-1972. And all exquisitely made, fabulous quality pieces. The name crops up in 60s magazines like Vanity Fair and Tatler which also shows them to be top quality and probably rather expensive back in the day.

If you search for "Rembrandt" in the biography section of the labels resource, you'll see something come up. :)

love, moons and starrs,
    Senti.*

6. emmapeelpants

emmapeelpants Alumni

I think Rembrandt were one of those firms, like London Town and Radley, who would employ designers (both famous and not) to produce ranges for them. I have a multi-page advert in Vogue for Rembrandt with at least three different ranges; Louis Feraud and Yuki were there, but I can't remember the others without checking.

7. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Interesting!

There were so many houses/firms that had folks design their lines that were never named. Do you think it was a respect for the designer or it was marketing that inspired them to have the label limelight be "shared" with the outside/inside designer's name?

Chris