1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Veronica Marsh... UK designer of the late 1960s - early 70s... anybody hear of her? Premierludwig?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Jonathan, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I ran across a quote that she had designed paper raincoats in 1966 (plastic laminated of course...) and was wondering if anyone had any further info about her...

2. cymbeline

cymbeline Registered Guest

I have heard of her jonathan, I am searching my books to see if I can find any info, I will let you know if I come across anything,
    kelly

3. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

THanks... I am sure she must have been known in her time. I found out she was still in business in the 1970s.. so she was around for at least a decade.

4. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Just bumping up :)

5. cymbeline

cymbeline Registered Guest

Still trying jonathan, I can't beleive I can't find anything on her. I found one reference to her ( probably the same thing you found) with regards to a professor at a London college who worked under her in the 70's. I will keep looking.
    kelly

6. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Yup, that was the reference that took her into the 1970s! lol

7. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

8. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Thanks Melanie for the update - boy this is a 12 year old question!!! I ran across something a few years back that had her in Canada in the late 1960s - it was in connection with her things being sold through a Montreal boutique, and also something about her designing plastic coats for a Canadian company - I will have to look for those references again.

9. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

PS: I think there was something about her selling through Paraphernalia in New York as well...

10. Richard Hadfield

Richard Hadfield Registered Guest

Veronica Marsh was friend of mine. Sadly dies of cancer in about 1990. I knew her through her architect husband (also deceased in 1988) Peter. We met in Dubai and Pakistan in the 70's where she was designing original carpets using old hand knotted techniques. She remarried and lived in Dorset.

11. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Thank-you for the update, I am sorry it wasn't a happy one.