1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Victorian Goodies this Week

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Another Time Antiques, Dec 30, 2004.

1. This week is pretty much Victorian era goodies on my auction board. Here's what's been pulled for auction from the shop:

[​IMG] 1901 Silver Lustre beads/chatelain

[​IMG] hatpin

[​IMG] stretch knit camisol/t-shirt w/ lace

[​IMG] c1890s quilted baby bib

[​IMG] silver over copper belt

[​IMG] baby's christening dress slip

Use signature link for auction list...

Cheers to all...... and a super happy New Year!!

2. Eegads, I love that bag! The belt is phenomenal, too. It would look so nice in place of the concho belts that are seeing new popularity.

3. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Steph and I think alike! Love the bag and the belt!!

Sue

4. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I am a junkie for metal belts, and as many know, purses.

That baby bib though...I bet the stitching is just exquisite close up. Is that all hand pleating on the sides?

5. surprisingly enough that little bib is all machine work!! The quilting is machine quilted stitches and the edge lace is store bought machine work.

Yes... machines were used endlessly for sewing in the late Victorian times!!! ;)

I have another similar chatelaine bag to the one that just sold. It has no fringe on the bottom although I think originally it did. Going to get it photo'd and listed probably next week.

Thanks for the comments - and also.....that metal belt looks GREAT as a necklace!!!!!

6. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I did not think about the chain belt as necklace idea Barbara...but then all my chain belts are a bit clunkier....will have to go play with my chain belts and see if one of em works :)