1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Victorian Wool Coat! B. Altman and Co.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by NByers, Aug 21, 2013.

1. NByers

NByers Registered Guest

I found this cream wool coat and almost died! The tag at the back of the neck says 'B. Altman and Co." Just wanted to share :) Picture89.png

2. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

3. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

If it didn't have the tasselled ropes at the throat it would look like Mod Mini dress in the pic!

4. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Wow! that's a beauty.

5. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Hello,

This coat was submitted to the VFG Forum a few months ago for a discussion. Is this your coat, or is this one you saw on the web?

At the time it was first posted, I said that I thought it looked very much like a modern version of an Edwardian coat. Some thought it was antique. I still think it is beautiful but the construction looks more modern than Edwardian. I would, of course, have to have it in hand to say that for sure. It could possibly be a very nicely made garment for the theatre or film.

6. NByers

NByers Registered Guest

I found this coat at an estate sale...I do know however that it is an antique because it has a B.Altman and Co. Label on the inside lining :)

7. EndlessAlley

EndlessAlley Alumni

fabulous find!!!

8. Beautiful coat! Lucky you!