1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Victoria's Secret Union Made - Label Pics Now Posted

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by nostalgic*collections, Jun 16, 2009.

1. nostalgic*collections

nostalgic*collections Registered Guest

Victoria\'s Secret Union Made - Label Pics Now Posted

Anyone have any background info on a Victoria's Secret Union Made lable??

This is not Moda International. Tag says Victoria's Secret. Very pretty one piece nightie.

I'll post a pic soon.

Thanks so much for any info and background info! Vicki

2. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

3. Can we see a picture of the label? does it have a crown on it, tiny gold block print?

i've been working on Victoria's research.. and think you may have one of the first labels.. i have one too, but would like to compare. :)
    yvonne

4. nostalgic*collections

Yeah. It does have a crown.

Got so busy today, I forgot to post it. I just picked up the item today.

I'll be right back with a pic!

5. nostalgic*collections

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So cute! It has snaps in the panty!

6. Isn't the lace exquisite on that one? i have had it before.. its beautiful. and the snaps are teeny tiny. It has a thin same ivory satin ribbon for the waist.

To the best of my knowledge, that is one of the first labels, when Roy Raymond started the Victoria Secret store in the late 70s in San Francisco.

i have the same label on an emerald nightgown:

http://www.rubylane.com/shops/vintagepretties/item/N-388

Again.. i'm still "researching" but to the best of my knowledge and 10 years of lingerie selling, i'm 99.9% sure thats the first label.

congrats on a great find! :)
    yvonne

7. LustNLuxVintage

LustNLuxVintage Registered Guest

What about the second pic I posted, does anyone know dating info? I thought 70's Was this the original Victoria's Secret tag?

Attached Files:

8. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

I remember that label with the fancy script lettering as the first label or one of the first labels used. Long before they even had a catalog, back in the 70's when they only advertised with very small black and white classified ads in the back of magazines. The gold crown label came later.

Edited as I just realized this forum thread this is 5 years old.