1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Baby Clothes - Can't find information about company

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by venividivintage, Nov 7, 2019.

1. venividivintage

venividivintage Registered Guest

I recently went to Goodwill and in the bags section found a zipped up plastic storage bag with knit baby clothes inside. I thought the clothes were adorable and picked it up for 99 cents. When I got home I saw this label sewn into the sweaters. I can't find any information on the company at all. I did find a "Knox Knit" hosiery brand from what looks to be the 1930's but nothing suggests they also made baby clothes. Does anyone have any info?

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 13.48.11.png Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 13.48.22.png

2. No help just wanted to say- adorable!

venividivintage likes this.
  3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

No idea about the brand, but what a sweet find! Reminds me of things in my vintage magazines, which invariably have tons of knitting patterns for babies and toddlers.

4. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

5. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Here is a 1946 ad I found for Knox Knit baby clothes. The second image (different ad) has a similar logo and may be the parent company of Knox Knits. I haven’t had time to see if there is a connection, but will try to get more information if I have a few minutes.

43918D28-5413-45A3-A2B2-3897B177A2B2.jpeg

8B48E142-F2F2-4E9D-8FFD-291B37691386.jpeg

6. venividivintage

venividivintage Registered Guest

Oh my gosh, I completely missed your reply. Thank you for finding the ad! That is so exciting. From the first ad, the square cut of the neckline on the top does seem to match the square cut of the tops I have. I then did some more research and found this image: Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 16.05.38.png

I think this is the exact set that I have! The boy is wearing the shirt with matching shorts and the girl is wearing the same sweater but with the matching skirt bottom. Looks like there may have been matching cardigans and hats as part of the set that were lost to time...I am excited to hold a piece of history in hand. The children that these clothes were bought for would be around 90 years old today.