1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Catalina Sweater - Help Dating and Price Guide

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by shinybrightskies, Aug 19, 2020.

1. shinybrightskies

shinybrightskies Registered Guest

Hi There! I have this little cardigan by Catalina Cable.. I had a look at the label history on the label resource page and per that this is from the 1930's - Can anyone assist as to what a good price guide would be, please and thank you!? ~Melissa

Attached Files:

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Sorry we can't help with pricing. Your best bet is to look at what similar sweaters have sold for. Hopefully someone can help you confirm that date.

shinybrightskies likes this.
  3. Distantdetails

Distantdetails Administrator

Great sweater! Thanks for sharing!

4. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

I probably would look at completed listings on eBay, searching vintage Catalina sweater, 30s sweater, maybe also 40s sweater. That should give you a range of pricing possibilities. Love seeing those colors together!

5. shinybrightskies

Thank you everyone! Sorry.. didn't see the pricing rule before posting. I appreciate the responses. I found one similar sweater on etsy but unfortunately once its sold they don't show the pricing. I did email the seller but she hasn't responded. If anyone is interested I am listing it tonight on my Aussie website (LINK REMOVED please read forum rules) where I am purging all of my clothing, vintage and platform shoes.. Getting back to a simple clutter free life (ha-ha.. who am I kidding.) Also, Maggie.. I have bought from you and sold to you wayyyy back in early 2000's. Always loved your smiling listings. My username on eBay back then was bombshellvintage and I was in Phoenix, AZ. You probably don't remember me because it was so long ago. xx Melissa

6. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

there is a way to find sold prices for Etsy, or there used to be. You have to look at the page code. If you search you can probably find instructions, or maybe someone here can direct you to that information.

7. shinybrightskies

Thanks! I will look at the page code. :)

8. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

9. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

I KNEW you seemed familiar Melissa! :)