1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Christian Dior blouse - please help ❤️

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Ryann, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Ryann

Ryann Registered Guest

Hi everyone,

I recently acquired this blouse and I was looking for any information anyone has. Authenticity, time period? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Cute blouse! I see early 1970s secretary.
    As for authenticity, per forum rules we do not authenticate items.

3. Ryann

Ryann Registered Guest

Oh ok! Thanks for your reply.

4. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

You blouse has the IGLWU label that was used from 1963-1974.

https://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/ilgwu/

Does it have a cleaning care label? If not it is pre-1972 when care labels were required. I think it might be mid-60's with the fiber content combination but the Union label gives you a good ball park.

5. Ryann

Ryann Registered Guest

Thank you so much! That was so informative and helpful.

6. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Looks more like a tunic than a blouse, to me. Seems too long to tuck into a skirt or slacks?

I am not at all familiar with that "made in the USA" and USA Union made Dior label. The only thing I recall having seen anything similar was on lingerie back in the 70s (if I recall correctly) Perhaps this was some limited time licensing thing when Dior was looking to reach a larger and lower end market?

The inexpensive fabric of nylon/poly seems more for lounging wear, as does the length.

7. Ryann

Ryann Registered Guest

That makes a lot of sense, thank you!