1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Costume Jewellery experts-Please aid a damsel in distress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by GemGem, Sep 13, 2021.

1. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Gotcha :)

I am having difficulty dating this broken vintage Chanel brooch. I have every reason to believe it is genuine but I can not find a stamp like it on any time period of Chanel brooch (or other jewellery).

It has an R for registered but not a C for copyright. It also does not state 'Made In France" which was common after 1996 or have a year date which was common pre 1996 to the 80's.

I do not think it predates the 80's I would hazard a guess at 90's. Anyone have any ideas? I can't find the style online either and I have travelled through vogue runways from the early 90s till present and many jewellery emporiums!

I believe it is gold plated rhodium the bar pin end has snapped off and you can see the dark grey base metal (pic included). It is a cluster of Camelias with black and clear crystals/rhinestones. It is very heavy in the hand.

IMG_7637.jpeg IMG_7635.jpeg IMG_7630.jpeg IMG_7632.jpeg

2. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Found it in the 2012 spring summer collection... apologies I will see if I can delete this thread as not 'Vintage' ops

3. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Don't worry, we all learn from the dating you discovered! :)

GemGem and Midge like this.
  4. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

I have also discovered the broken part is actually two small Camelia flowers and not just the pin. Which makes sense looking and the two pronged broken part! I'm still miffed about the stamp, but it's good to know that this stamp appeared on a 2012 piece in case any others come up like this here :)