1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage designer rental service

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Jonty Dacre, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Jonty Dacre

Jonty Dacre Registered Guest

Hi everyone :) my name is Jonty, and I am a enthusiast, buyer and seller of vintage clothing online as well as in person from various sources and stores. I currently run a vintage store online, selling generally a mix of high end pieces and more retro sportswear such as Tommy Hilfiger etc. However recently I've been more interested in high end pieces and now I'm more aware of how to source items and find better items I've been rethinking.

I notice a lot of women's rental services for evening wear and designer dresses, but for highly coveted designer pieces in men's and women's, I've been struggling to find a big industry leading company in that department.

I've been mulling the idea over, thinking of deposits, rental charges etc however this is all useless unless I get some feedback on whether this is something of genuine interest to people :)
    I've found a few suppliers for a some items however I've going to refrain from posting stock right now as I'm still in the process of setting up. Mainly looking at brands such as Gucci, Versace, fendi, Prada and others alike from the 80s to early 2k. I would be aiming to build a consistent clientele of reoccurring customers looking for peices to suit events and other occasions alike.

Any feedback would be appreciated, thank you very much.

Jonty.

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member