1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Dior Dress not sure about the label

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by VintageFlossy, Apr 16, 2021.

1. VintageFlossy

VintageFlossy Registered Guest

Hello vintage friends!
    My name is Beckie and I’m a vintage thrifter in Canada! (Originally from Yorkshire) today I purchased what I thought was a vintage Christian Dior dress from the 80’s but the label is really bugging me...just feels off!
    Any help/advice greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

3. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

Beckie, this dress was sold in the Dior Boutique in Paris. Dior had a workroom that made the Boutique items. Construction wise, they were between couture and ready-to-wear and may have more hand finishing. Many couture houses include one fitting with the purchase.

4. Distantdetails

Distantdetails Administrator

It's a beautiful dress, and reminds me of something Princess Di would have worn in the '80s.
    Great find, Beckie!!!

5. VintageFlossy

Hello Claire,
    Thank-you so much for taking the time to reply. Wow that’s so wonderful! I wasn’t sure if it was a label sewn into another dress but it just looked so classic and so Dior!

6. VintageFlossy

This is absolutely what I thought also! I did a quick search of Princess Di as I was sure I’d seen her in similar dresses in the 80’s! Thanks for your reply!