1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Angeladivine

Angeladivine Registered Guest

Hi, I found this vintage dress and I was wondering when it was made. The tag says Kerry but it is sewn in so is it a brand or just someone’s name? The fabric feels like polyester, it has a side zipper, the skirt is lined and it has breast cups. I’m new to vintage fashion so thank you so much.

Attached Files:

2. this dress looks 60s to me.

Angeladivine likes this.
  3. Hello and welcome to the forums. I think your lovely dress may be more modern: it's similar in style to '60s party dresses but I'd expect a centre back nylon zipper and a different backline if it was '60s so I suspect it's a '60s influenced design from a more recent time.

Some questions:
    • can you tell if the dress is home made or commercially manufactured?
    • do you have a photo of the interior especially bust cups?
    • how are the seams and hem sewn and finished off? Eg, seam allowance and serged. Photos are good if you're not sure.
    • are there any other labels eg, down a side or waist seam?
    • what sort of zipper is it? Eg, metal, nylon, invisible?
    The label looks like someone has customised, perhaps the original wearer or maker. It's unlikely to be a brand.

Angeladivine likes this.
  4. Angeladivine

Thanks so much for responding! There are no other tags on the dress. I think the zipper is nylon? I’ll include pictures.

F85779FA-4ABD-418B-ACB0-CC3BA649F2F7.jpeg 689DAA85-A39E-4777-AD97-6C78D544B5B6.jpeg D013E1F2-5E02-4B92-BDB4-1084E5E8A284.jpeg

5. Thank you. Can you please show an interior photo of the bust cups. Unless you have and the padding is completely enclosed?

Construction looks like a skilled home seamstress from the ‘80s.

6. Angeladivine

The padding on the bust cups is completely enclosed, so the pic I uploaded was the interior. I tried to upload other photos, but for some reason they wouldn't upload. Thanks again for your help!