1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Eyeglasses

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Alleycats, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Alleycats

Alleycats VFG Member

2. catseyevintage

catseyevintage VFG Member

Wow ~ Great site!

Thanks for posting it Chris.

3. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

4. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

He must be hideously expensive.... there are no prices - if you can't afford it, don't ask!

5. I inquired about a pair of frames from this guy last year. They weren't too bad, about $150 I think, which is in the ballpark of what my optometrist frames run.

6. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

I purchased a pair of glasses at the Deco Show in Dec. from allynscura, a company in Sonoma. They specialize in vintage frames but also have some modern ones, and I am pretty sure they do repairs. I wear over the counter's for walking around and reading and the arm on mine broke at the Show! I taped it back. It is a newer type that doesn't have one of those tiny screws!

I went to Walgreen's the next morning and bought a pair of glasses since Allyn Scura had to put lenses in the frames I selected. They mailed them to me. I think the total cost was $104.00 which is really, really reasonable. Nice quality tortoise frames.

www.allynscura.com

Linn

7. Leisa

Leisa VFG Member

Perfect! I have my prescription, but have yet to find any frames I like!

Merci!

8. DeCoDiVa

DeCoDiVa Registered Guest

Thanks for the site link, historial information ..... pictures. It is well organized.. almost as cool as VFG.

9. Steve

Steve Registered Guest

Another cool site with a large selection of vintage eyeglasses is

Link removed by Admin. Please read our Forum rules before posting. Thank you.