1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Fashion... Magazines??!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by lindapoirier, Feb 21, 2020.

1. lindapoirier

lindapoirier Guest

III

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2020
  2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

3. Racked Vintage

Racked Vintage Alumni VFG Past President

Vintage Life was a popular one but it is no longer around. Does anyone know what happened to it?

4. Are you looking for just vintage fashion or vintage in general? As in life style and decorating

5. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

One of my favorite rare-ish magazines is Rags, which published for only a year in the early 1970s. The link is to a blog that shares some pages. I have two of the original magazines stashed, bought in real time.

Retro Ruth and denisebrain like this.
  6. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

As far as out of print magazines, there is "Vintage Fashions" which ran for a few years, and "Lady's Gallery" which ran for 3 years I think. Both in the 1990s. I have many of the back issues. And yes "Rags" is a great peek into the past, I used to have the whole set but sold them off last year.

The Vintage Woman looks really good. I am going to subscribe and thanks for sharing that info.

7. Its not necessarily vintage fashions, but more a vintage home and lifestyle. Vintage Living by Bob Ricter. I follow him on Instagram.