1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Fashion Publications

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by FrancesGrimble, Oct 3, 2004.

1. FrancesGrimble

FrancesGrimble Registered Guest

Wanted: Any pre-1930 books and magazines that contain sewing patterns for women's clothes, whether scaled down or full size. (But not, generally, only ads for patterns or only fashion plates, also I want sewing rather than needlework patterns.) 1884 issues of _Godey's_, preferably a bound annual volume (I know _Godey's_ did not print sewing patterns in the magazine that late). Issues of the _Delineator_ from 1886 through 1899 (I know the _Delineator_ did not include actual patterns). Issues of the Women's Institute _Inspiration_ magazine. Sewing patterns in envelopes, again women's clothes from before 1930.

English is the preferred language but I will consider publications in other languages (though I may not pay as much).

Thanks for any leads,

Fran

2. artizania

artizania Alumni + VFG Past President

Hi Fran - nice to see you found us! ;-)

I can't help much, the two 'Le Petit Echo de la Mode" magazines I have (1911 & 1914) have patterns for baby/childs clothes.

I'm sure someone will be able to help and will be along soon.

Margaret

3. Fran, I will see what I have, but I think I have only after 1930.