1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Faux Fur Jacket?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Andrea Thompson, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Andrea Thompson

Andrea Thompson Registered Guest

Hi All!

I am so confused as to what this might be. I want to start off by saying I know nothing about fur coats and I am just learning about vintage pieces. I have a question about dating a piece or learning more about this coats brand.

It is missing a brand tag but when I looked up the rn# 19489 it comes up Belle Coats of California. I can not find anything about the company or any other coats.

It has Handy 50 metal buttons and is very heavy. Not like a cheap faux jacket. But I really don’t think it’s real fur. I don’t know if vintage had such a thing as faux fur though? Any information on dating it or the brand?

I will upload pictures what I see. Thank you in advance!!

andrea

Attached Files:

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

It looks late 60s early 70s to me. Yes, faux fur goes back 100 years or more.

3. Andrea Thompson

Thank you! I was thinking that as well, but I had no idea faux fur was a thing back then. I guess I thought it was a modern trend.

It seems like it used to be VERY quality!

4. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

I can try to look up more info but Belle Coats of California was incorporated 1973-11-14

5. Andrea Thompson

Thank you! That is helpful! I also just realized I mis wrote the rn# it is 19498. I wish there was more information on it. I am excited to wear it this winter