1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Fendi Clothing?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Annabel Lee, Jan 24, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Annabel Lee

Annabel Lee Registered Guest

Hello all!

So I've been trying to find some leads for weeks and I've come up with not much. I have this gorgeous cardigan with an unusual Fendi label. I have come across a few examples of this exact label, but unfortunately any info there may be about Fendi clothing gets swallowed up by bags and bags and bags!

The woman I got it from said it was late 70s and a couple of my designer friends agree, or say possibly early 80s. But it is ever so hard to find anything very conclusive about vintage Fendi garments.

The cardigan is a heavy knit and super well made. It feels like a piece that was made with great care. And the color! My photos don't do it justice.

So what do you think? Have you seen this label? Or any other vintage Fendi garments along these lines?

IMG_20210120_115506.jpg IMG_20210120_115939.jpg IMG_20210120_121616.jpg

2. The Italians make such beautiful knits. I don't see '80s at all for this one so think you could be right about late '70s as the silhouette fits. It's a striking piece.

The label has some elements of an early '80s one in the LR, but we don't have this label so once it's dated accurately it would be lovely to be able to add it.

GemGem likes this.
  3. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Hi there. I remember this one. There was a skirt that went with it in the day. It was approx. 87, 88. I looked for a runway photo but couldn't find one, sorry.

GemGem likes this.
  4. Annabel Lee

Thank you so much for your replies! I have finally found the right track, with a few runway photos to help. None of these is exactly the same as mine, but I think close enough to confirm that it's from the fall/winter 1989 collection. I'm overjoyed because, frankly, this mystery was beginning to bug me!

Fall_Winter 1989 (1) (1).jpeg 5e8f8dcadbb3c0ce049b0aa439a29ce5.jpg Fall_Winter 1989 (1).jpeg 09b2914350eee25f74c10706a7ebba74.jpg

5. Ranch Queen Vintage

Ranch Queen Vintage Administrator

@Annabel Lee Yes! Once again asking permission to add another of your rare labels to the Label Resource.

6. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

7. Annabel Lee

Absolutely ☺️

Ranch Queen Vintage likes this.