1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage FREE PEOPLE

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by brooklynne, Jun 22, 2018.

1. brooklynne

brooklynne Registered Guest

Hi!
    This is the second Free People label I have found like this in over 8 years of thrifting and reselling vintage. I’ve been searching online but I can only find newer Free People labels online. I know that the company started in the 70s but took off in 1984. I attached the skirt and label, I am assuming it’s from the 90s due to cut and style. But I wanted to make sure that this is actually Free People and not some random smaller brand that used the same name.
    Thanks so much for any feedback!

Deevintage likes this.
  2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

3. brooklynne

ahh sorry! I was doing this on my phone, i thought it uploaded with the question!
    Here is a pic of the skirt and label

THANK YOU ♥

Attached Files:

• free.jpg
      free.jpg
      File size:
      69 KB
      Views:
  4. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I think this is 90s grunge era Free People. I've seen a couple on posh.

Deevintage, CatsLikeUs and brooklynne like this.
  5. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Oh, and about the label... I wouldn't be able to authenticate. No one here does that, but I think they had a bunch of different labels in the 90s.

I do remember that style in the 1990s - you are right on there.

Deevintage and brooklynne like this.
  6. brooklynne

Awesome thanks so much!
    Yeah I am an avid posher ( i love finding vintage Betsey J. on there!) I will need to keep my eye out for someone who is selling this Free People label who could have possibly bought it originally back in the day.
    Thanks so much for your help!

Deevintage likes this.
  7. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I want to say mid-late 90s... I recall this style then.

I love posh too!

Deevintage likes this.
  8. Samantha B

Samantha B Registered Guest

I know this is a little late, but I just wanted to chime in and tell you that is a legit Free People label. I remember purchasing a cream colored cardigan with blue & brown floral embroidery back in 1996/1997 and it had this exact same label on it. I purchased it at Nordstrom

Deevintage and Retro Ruth like this.
  9. Deevintage

Deevintage Registered Guest

Oh I LOVE this. I have a cream coloured cardigan (fuzzy with nice details on cuffs and down the front) with this label. Purchased in the 90s. It makes me happy to see people chatting about this.

Samantha B likes this.
  10. zero_cool

zero_cool Registered Guest

I found a Free People sweater with this label style on it. It says made in USA. Can anyone tell me when it might be from?

Attached Files:

11. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

photos of the garment would help. :)

Deevintage likes this.
  12. Randy

Randy Registered Guest

I just found this today. Paper tag made in USA. I'm thinking this has to be 80's. 20230417_125140.jpg 20230417_125140.jpg 20230417_125213.jpg 20230417_125231.jpg

Deevintage and Samantha B like this.
  13. Samantha B

Samantha B Registered Guest

Deevintage likes this.
  14. Randy

Randy Registered Guest

I don't have clothes with paper tags from mid 90s

15. Deevintage

I have this same cardigan in a cream colour. I can confirm it was the 90's. Such a fun top.

Retro Ruth likes this.
  16. Deevintage