1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Gucci Briefcase??

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Anamarie Schuette, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Anamarie Schuette

Anamarie Schuette Registered Guest

Hello,

I found this old briefcase almost 10 years ago and have always wondered if it's authentic and if it is, how old could it be?

The markings on the metal snap button say CAGIVA with 5 point stars. From what I did gather online, Cagiva was from Italy and made small metal components back in the 1950's by Giovanni Castiglioni. Giovanni's sons, Claudio and Gianfranco Castiglioni went into the motorcycle industry in 1978. With a history of owning Ducati.

It's has a gold GG logo that I'm not familiar with along with a gold oval type shaped plaque with GUCCI stamped on the inside. I've taken close-up photos of the markings on the metal zippers & metal snap buttons.

Does anyone have anything information regarding these markings?

Thank you,
    Anamarie

Attached Files:

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Per our forum rules, we can't authenticate, and I am not able to help with the vintage of the bag. I hope someone will be able to advise you here.

3. Anamarie Schuette

Anamarie Schuette Registered Guest

Thank you and I apologize if this post goes against the forum rules.
    Would you recommend any sites that might be able to help me date this briefcase?

4. Mysheshed

Mysheshed Registered Guest

Omg I have been searching for that GG type logo for weeks. I have a purse with it on it. This is the first one I have been able to find. My purse also has a gold toned plaque on the inside. It also looks very old. I can't find another one that looks like it anywhere. Your bag is the first that I have seen with the logo style!

5. Hi!
    Just letting you know that this thread is from 2020 and Anamarie hasn't visited this forum since then.