1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Gucci Ladies Shoes- help dating and any info

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by jakubvintage, May 28, 2023.

1. jakubvintage

jakubvintage Registered Guest

Hello Friends,
    This is my first post here, so hello everyone :)
    I am struggling to get information on a pair of old ladies Gucci shoes. They seem legit, but I am trying to date them and get any other information possible. Official Gucci Customer Service was not willing to help and I was pointed to this great forum as a source of wisdom and knowledge :)
    I am attaching pictures of the shoes along with the serial numbers inside. Many thanks on any information!
    numer lewy 1.jpg numer prawy2.jpg Zrzut ekranu 2023-05-28 215530.png Zrzut ekranu 2023-05-28 215620.png Zrzut ekranu 2023-05-28 215642.png Zrzut ekranu 2023-05-28 215704.png Zrzut ekranu 2023-05-28 215727.png

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

We have a shoe expert here, and a few other shoe people, and hopefully they will chime in. They look 1970s to me and I love them.

3. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Very cool!
    Very curious - did Gucci suggest us? I would love to think that Gucci knew and approved of the VFG!

Per our forum rules, we are unable to authenticate items. That said, we do have knowledgeable people here. including @Jonathan who is a museum curator and wrote a book called The Seductive Shoe. Hopefully he will drop by and give an opinion re: dating. I agree with Barbara - love them! And not the kind of item at high risk for fakery.

4. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I would put those patent leather Derby lace-ups around 1970/71. They might possibly be as early as 1969 and not later than 1973.

5. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Interesting. I never would have thought those were Gucci shoes.

6. jakubvintage

Dear Jonathan, many thanks!

7. jakubvintage

Hi, actually the Gucci client support rep did not specify the forum name, but described it pretty accurately :) You are very helpful and knowlegable- many thanks to all!