1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage GUCCI, what is it?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by secondlooks, Jun 14, 2009.

1. secondlooks

secondlooks Alumni

very large, twice the size as photo, wool material, is this a throw, blanket or what? There is moth damage tho

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cassandra Trent likes this.
  2. I'm going to go with shawl and recommend you dry clean it post haste to make sure there aren't any moth eggs in it. You don't want any more moth damage, after all!

3. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

My first thought was some kind of lap blanket ... you know, if the weather is chilly at those polo games you attend. It could be a baby blanket too, although the wool sounds scratchy for a baby. I've never seen anything quite like it.

4. secondlooks

secondlooks Alumni

it measures 70" by 53" , the shape doesn't look right for a shawl to me, too square. I was thinking perhaps a stadium blanket or for Polo like you suggested, I haven't found anything like it online.

5. avamac

avamac Alumni

A laprobe for the Lagonda?

6. joules

joules VFG Member

I think it's to be all fancy at a sporting event, as a lap robe or throw/ stadium blanket, as you say.

7. secondlooks

secondlooks Alumni

I like your thinking Amanda:) This estate had some interesting things, including an old LV trunk. About age, do you think 60s/70s with those labels??

8. Cassandra Trent

Cassandra Trent Registered Guest

Did you ever find any more about this blanket? I have the same one I am wondering what it's worth. First time I have been able to find someone with one like it mine has a small rip.