1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage handbag help!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by GGPine, Jan 19, 2023.

1. GGPine

GGPine Registered Guest

Hi! I just bought this super cool vintage bag! Does anyone know what it is or when it was made? There are zero markings anywhere
    Thank you so much!!!!

Attached Files:

2. dollsntrolls

dollsntrolls VFG Member

It looks to be 70s - 80s, gate mouth purse and coin purse. The style of painted, tooled leather, and Mexican inspired style was really popular then, and has made a very nice comeback! I can't tell who made it, but the style was imitated greatly and I'm sure many craftspeople, as well as larger companies, were making them. Likely started with tourists bringing them home from Mexico and the Southwest (way earlier than the 70s). Personally, I always think they are stylish! This one strikes me as particularly that era of 70s - 80s, because of the closure. I've had a number of eel clutches that were made in Korea in the 80s, that used the flat gate mouth as the closure. Very cool closure style, that I don't see as often - not sure why it didn't catch on!

denisebrain likes this.