1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage in Fiction

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Vinclothes, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

No. 8 on the February 25-Mach 3, New York Times Best Sellers Book List :
    Still Me, by Jojo Moyes. (Pamela Dorman/Viking) The review says: "Louisa Clark moves to New York and is torn between high society and the life she enjoys at a vintage clothing store."
    Such a choice! Sounds like fun reading.
    Marian

2. catseyevintage

catseyevintage VFG Member

It sounds really interesting, Marian!

3. ClubVintage

ClubVintage VFG Member

I added it to my reading list and put a hold on it at my local library. Unfortunately, that hold will take a few months because so many people are ahead of me in line.
    It is a series, I just checked out the first book in the series to read while I wait for this one to be available.

4. trufaux

trufaux VFG Member

LOL! This sounds great!

5. I've enjoyed every "vintage dress- or shop-themed" novel I've ever read. Will have to recall and post the titles. There was one about "The Secret Lives of Dresses" or similar.

6. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

We had a thread about vintage in novels several years ago, but I can never seem to find former discussions, even when the search function is working. Maybe someone remembers it.
    Marian