1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Infant Mannequin

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by acmebabyco, Nov 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. acmebabyco

acmebabyco Registered Guest

Wondering where to post, that I might get help with info on this guy... It is from the 40s or 50s (IMO), and the head is curved up, unlike a doll. It appears to be made from a composite - maybe fiberglass, but I am not sure. The arms and legs do not appear to be attachable, but they swivel completely so that you can dress him.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  2. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Does it come apart anywhere - like a mannequin? There's a Facebook group called "Vintage Mannequins." Maybe you could post a photo over there.

3. acmebabyco

Thank you - I did post it there but did not get a response - I think it has been a couple days. I don't think it come apart but the arms and legs do swivel for dressing. It is definitely a mannequin and not a doll, though, IMO.

4. acmebabyco

Yes - exactly, from the 40s or 50s...no marks.

5. acmebabyco

That's a good question. I guess I was wondering if anyone might recognize the maker - ? He is perfect for my needs right now, but I was wondering if I might be able to find others that are like hi, such as toddlers and young children, since I make and sell children's clothing. I though if I knew where he came from or who the maker was then I might be able to find others like him. It is probably a shot in the dark though.

6. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Maybe try contacting one of the more established mannequin companies, to see if they recognize it or can point you to more like it.

I had a 50s mannequin repaired by Modern Mannequin and found them wonderful to work with. They say they go back 71 years!
    http://www.modernmannequin.com/about.html

7. I have found most my vintage 50s mannequins at obscure antique malls. They are hard to find off of ebay.

8. acmebabyco

Thank you! This is a pretty good idea - I hadn't thought if that!

9. acmebabyco

I should start going to more of these - Thank you. I agree eBay is not easy; lots of not even close to being antique but listed as such, and super high prices.

10. I have 3 from the 50s. one a little earlier. But they do not have arms, but still cute in a 50s way.
    Impossible to ship due to size and weight as they do not come apart. So any that are listed as 50s and come apart, are not.

11. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

I had a beautiful full 50s manni, but no stand! Modern Mannequin was able to (via pictures and measurements sent over the internet) make me a stand that fit perfectly.

12. I wonder if they could find arms for my mannequins? I have a very nice 60 woman, but again, no arms.

13. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member