1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Inspiration 2007 continued: another opportunity to showcase your items!Update re: links

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by cactusandcattails, Apr 4, 2007.

1. cactusandcattails

cactusandcattails VFG Member VFG Past President

The VFG board is pleased to announce a new promotion and selling opportunity. Hopefully, by now everyone has seen the fabulous Spring 2007 Vintage Inspiration that Maggie/denisebrain has so brilliantly put together. Since the Vintage Inspiration feature was published, many featured items have sold. In an effort to keep it current we are inviting VFG trade and public board members to showcase their own 'Inspirations' on this forum. Beginning this Wednesday (4th of April) a weekly thread highlighting each particular look will be created for you to post your offerings to - with picks of the week being featured on the VFG Blog each Tuesday beginning April 10. This will continue each week for as long as we feel it remains fresh and relevant. The VFG Bog spot is expertly maintained by Justine/ikonic vintage.

How it will work:

Dated threads will be posted to this board every Wednesday beginning this week April 4, for each of the VI themes

Participants may submit no more than 3 photos per sale item, with a link to their website, auction listing, sellers’ page, ebay store, etc…

Everyone should keep in mind that the blog featuring the items will begin each Tuesday of the following week, so you may want to start your auction listings accordingly. Sunday or Monday for example would be good. This will allow almost a week to submit your items and get them ready to list.

Vintage Inspiration picks of the week will be posted to the VFG blog each Tuesday beginning April 10.

The blog will link back to the threads so that anyone viewing the blog can check out all of the submitted items.

There will also be a link from each VI page to the VFG blog to “continue to shop the trends”

A reminder from Justine concerning the links;

If your item is up and ready for sale - please include a link directly to the auction or directly to the page on your website where the item is. Since this promo is all about the *exact* items shown here, I'd prefer to link directly to the item for sale as opposed to just your general website. Plus, it's taking me a lot of time to go through the things and find direct links where applicable.

Secondly if you post your items before they go up (and please do!) - please come back and revise your post with links when you DO put them up for sale. Ideally the latest to put the items up would be Monday night as the post is going to be done on Tuesdays.

And lastly, no worries AT ALL about the pic sizes - Blogger automatically resizes, so don't waste your time worrying about how big they are. The bigger the clearer (however try and refrain from ultra huge poster size ones that screw up the board! lol).

If you have any questions, please post them here.

This is a great opportunity to get your buyers to really 'shop the trends' vintage style, so let's see what you've got!

2. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

:USETHUMBUP: This sounds like much fun Brenda! So although we are limited to 3 pictures per item, we can submit as many different (relevant) items to the thread as we want - is that right? :)

3. cactusandcattails

Thats right Harriet. There are 5 different themes, so it should allow for a great variety of items!

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Super idea, Brenda and to the board...this can't hurt anybody's sales, that's for certain!

5. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

This is a fabulous idea!! Will have to review what I'm putting up early next week (I'm on holiday now until after
    Easter).

Thanks to the board, and to you Brenda!

Sue

6. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

I'm an early bird and jumped right in with anything I might have had that was going up on the auction block. I really can't wait to see what everyone else offers!

7. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

What a fun great idea! I will be working on this tonight!!

8. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

9. What a great idea! A couple questions before I show some things:

Can we post men's vintage? And can we post vintage accesories that fit the criteria as well?

10. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

Fantastic idea and promotion!

I wish I had stuff ready to sell online so I could take advantage of it :BAGUSE:
    But I'm sure enjoying looking at everyone else's wonderful stuff! :wow:

11. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Kim, I think it would be great to have both men's and accessory items! Bring it on!

12. cactusandcattails

Kristine there is still time, this will run for a while yet so dont fret!

Great "stuff" everyone. :love008:

I agree with Maggie. We wouldn't dream of leaving the Men out!

13. Awesome! I'm on it, then!

14. cactusandcattails

We are on a roll!:roll:

15. hipvintage

hipvintage Alumni

:bouncing:

16. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

So many great responses!

Don't forget, this is an ongoing promotion, so save a little for next week!

17. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

Hey guys - I just spent most of the morning preparing my post for tomorrow on this cross promo. Very nice stuff from everyone.

If I may, I'd like to ask just a few simple things to make it easier for me to grab the links and things...

If your item is up and ready for sale - please include a link directly to the auction or directly to the page on your website where the item is. Since this promo is all about the *exact* items shown here, I'd prefer to link directly to the item for sale as opposed to just your general website. Plus, it's taking me a lot of time to go through the things and find direct links where applicable.

Secondly if you post your items before they go up (and please do!) - please come back and revise your post with links when you DO put them up for sale. Ideally the latest to put the items up would be Monday night as the post is going to be done on Tuesdays.

And lastly, no worries AT ALL about the pic sizes - Blogger automatically resizes, so don't waste your time worrying about how big they are. The bigger the clearer (however try and refrain from ultra huge poster size ones that screw up the board! lol).

That's pretty much it! I totally loved seeing everyone's things, so remember these themes are going to be EVERY WEEK for Spring. Keep 'em coming and remember when your shopping!

18. cactusandcattails

Please read Justines comments above about posting your links.

19. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Oh no! Mine aren't going up until tonight.

Sue

20. cactusandcattails

I think that is ok Sue. Just mention 'available Tuesday night" or something. They may not get a blog mention, but one objective is to direct viewers back to the forum.