1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage jackets galore...

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Midge, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Since last spring, I have bought several vintage jackets to add to the two I already had and threw out most of my contemporary jackets and suits (most of them by Zara, coincidentally). The new ones are nice, but just "nice", not great. The more vintage jackets I got, the less I liked the new ones - there's just two that I kept, one by Mango and one by Benetton, of which I think they're as good as it gets these days for high-street stuff.

My mom came round today so I could try the jacket on that she's sewing for me from a 1950s McCalls pattern (some might remember that I was searching for such a pattern last year to make a replacement for this jacket), so I asked her to take some quick pics of me in my vintage jackets.

[​IMG]
    Joules, this one's for you :hiya: (sorry it took so long to take a pic!).
    My first Etsy purchase - this was in a treasury that was shown in this forum.

[​IMG]
    One of the two jackets that I brought home from Sydney last April (Nicole, thanks again for pointing me to that shop!). This is my "power jacket". I wore it on the flight home and once more came home from a trip better dressed than as I left :hysterical:.

[​IMG]
    The other jacket I bought in Sydney. It is a bit wide, but so well-tailored, that even when I wear it open (which I mostly do), it nicely accents my waist - it has such a great shape! I wear it mostly with slender jeans like those in the pic, or with little dresses that I wear with black leggings. It even looks great with a hoodie sweater! It has quickly become my fave jacket for casual everyday wear.

[​IMG]
    My Pendleton 49er that I bought in Philadelphia in June. Without this forum, I would have had no idea what this was. I like to wear it with a belt like this nice leather belt which is a thrift shop find too. My mother took one look at it and said "I have a vintage Burda pattern with the same style of jacket, and have thought of making it for myself". Ah, great minds think alike :D .

Karin

2. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

Great selection! And I now have a new goal when traveling :

'to come home from a trip better dressed than as I left'

Hollis

3. joules

joules VFG Member

Karin, I love your jacket wardrobe! Thanks so much for posting them, and I'm of course, delighted to see you in the one from me. Can't wait to add it to my Happy Customers set, if you feel that's okay. It's lovely to see you in each one of them. :)
    I need to get serious about some editing around here.
    That 49er never looked better. You make it look amazing!

4. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

I wore out all my 49ers. I must find more. Didn't Pendelton do a reissue a few years ago?

Hollis

5. joules

joules VFG Member

6. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

A...your adorable!

B...your so beautiful!

C....Cool Jackets!

Barbara

7. vixendesigner

vixendesigner Registered Guest

Great finds!