1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Levi’s 501XX have some doubts ...please help

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Siouxshawn, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Siouxshawn

Siouxshawn Registered Guest

These Levi’s were given to me by a friend who works in vintage fashion she’s with serious designers and fashion houses...she is absolutely steeped in vintage and really knows her stuff… Recently I was looking at a pair of jeans she had given me and I decided to sell them. Seriously they sold within an hour and for a decent amount of money ... not crazy 501 collector prices but a couple hundred. And now that I really look at them I’m seriously questioning whether they might possibly be fake! I don’t want to rip anyone off or lose selling privileges and I don’t know if I should proceed with the sale or not. I have looked at every real vs fake site , blog and forum and on YouTube and it’s just more confusing. I have a couple of days before I have to commit to this sale if I post a bunch of pictures is there someone out there that can let me know whether I should go through with this or not. I know no one can authenticate or price these for me I’m not trying to put anyone on the spot I just need a little bit of direction as to what the right thing to do is. OR If anyone knows a website where I can post pictures and get advice or pay to have them authenticated I would really appreciate that advice… Time is of the essence thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi and welcome to the forums.

This is a really hard one. We cannot authenticate items here in the forums and IMHO there's probably no easy answer other than talking to your customer and explaining the situation.

3. Vintage Linens Lover

Vintage Linens Lover Registered Guest

Hi I sold Levis in the 90s but I have worn them all my life. For starters you can contact Levi Strauss and Co Customer service: 1 (800) 872-5384 and they can probably tell you. Check the red label on the back pocket if that says levis if the E is large they should be real and worth more. Also the rivets on the inside of yours look like they are stamped levis which is one indication that they are real; some of those 501xx sell for thousands. If the e is small I think it just means they are worth less and may be newer. Levis made in the USA are worth more money. I own about 30 pair dating back to the 70s 80s.
    tp

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021