1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Maternity Dress McKettrick

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by ReilVintage, Oct 6, 2016.

1. ReilVintage

ReilVintage Registered Guest

Hello all!
    I found such a cool maternity dress from McKettrick. The label is attached. The dress is really neat because it has 3 snaps on each side so it can go from smaller to largest and accommodate through your pregnancy. My question is on dating. It has snap in and out shoulder pads. All thoughts appreciated. I feel it's either 40s or 50s. I've searched the threads here and I see that it was moderately priced maternity and regular dresses.

Attached Files:

2. nsweezie

nsweezie Registered Guest

Very nice!
    I wore vintage maternity clothing when I was pregnant with my 3 children- usually roomy tops with a skirt that had a ‘u’ shaped cut out in the front for the bump. I loved wearing them as they really were comfortable and I preferred it to the skin tight took that was ‘in’ during my pregnancies.

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  3. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

years ago i had (and sold) a beautiful black and red McKettrick maternity skirt and top that was absolutely gorgeous, and so well made. Your dress looks more 50s than 40s, to me, even with the shoulder pads.

4. Racked Vintage

Racked Vintage Alumni VFG Past President

Could be late 40s/early 50s

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I have vintage sewing patterns like this!

6. I am also seeing late 1940s early 1950s. The later ones from late 50s on up had the cut out belly area. Like I Love Lucy.