1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage ornaments!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Robin of Frocksley, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Robin of Frocksley

Robin of Frocksley Registered Guest

I love collecting vintage Christmas ornaments and decorations and wanted to share a couple of my favorites with you all.

little jointed dancing folks with feathered caps:
    20161221_142437-1.jpg
    blown glass mushroom:
    20161221_142729-1.jpg
    music box with carolers:
    20161221_142839.jpg
    Please share pictures of your favorite vintage holiday pretties!

2. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

They are great!

Many of my ornaments are vintage if you use the 20 year rule and a large number of them are way older.

I took close-ups a few years ago of these vintage angels on my tree. These were on my tree as a child, and I think they were on my mother's tree when she was a young girl but I am not sure. Their heads are porcelain, their hands are made of pipe cleaners and their dresses of very soft tulle. I have three of them and each one is different. They appear to be hand painted and are in various condition. They are very special to me. My sister has a few of them, too. They are about 2 1/2" long. I think they are German and C. 1930's but they may be newer - although they look older than the ones from the 1950's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I just took this one with my phone.

Linn

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Here are some old photos along with a few new ones...Not putting the tree up anymore as we have 3 kooky cats!

PhillipsFoilTreevfg.jpg

This tree was left here when we moved here...I used mainly pink and silver ornaments on it.

ChristmasTreevfg.jpg

Our initial tree

PhillipsFoilTreeangelvfg.jpg

Here is my angel similar to Linn's, I purchased this with my own money when I was just a little girl.

Some decorations I have going now....

XmasBell.jpg

Santa.jpg

Santa's in the house

Mercury Deer.jpg

Mercury Deer taken today on a very snowy day!

4. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Your mushroom is 1960s Robin - we had the identical one in green. Sadly, after my mother died my father threw ALL our family Christmas ornaments in the garbage that dated from the 1950s and 1960s! He didn't even send them to a thrift store or charity, they went into a garbage bin!

Robin of Frocksley likes this.
  5. Robin of Frocksley

Robin of Frocksley Registered Guest

Thanks for the date on the mushroom, Jonathan! That is a shame about your family ornaments. My grandmother did the same thing with the contents of my mother's childhood bedroom. Forty years later she accidentally threw away most of her family heirloom jewelry. Shaking my head.