1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Plaid Jackets

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by lindapoirier, May 16, 2018.

1. lindapoirier

lindapoirier Guest

III

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2020
  2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Linda,

Very cool! A ice collection too.

By the way, are you the person who collects and makes jewelry out of vintage, pre 1950s, celluloid chains? I found one just this morning from the 30s or 40s and wanted to give it to someone who could make a necklace or charm bracelet, etc. Free.

Anyway I love your shirts and jackets!

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Linda, what style of silver leather jacket are you looking for?

Those jackets looks so warm and cosy.

4. I love wool plaid jackets, too! I have a fairly large collection of Pendleton 49ers, both vintage and contemporary. So cozy!

5. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

I love the siesta jackets - I never knew they were called that! Does that just refer to the fringed ones?
    I would love one for here in the UK. It hailed today. In August! I think the heatwave is over...

6. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Wow that is a real close copy! I wonder which would have the wider shoulders?

7. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Just found this jacket this past week, the Irish version of the Siesta jacket. Never knew about these Siesta jackets till I read this forum...always learning something here, thanks for sharing with us Linda. Love seeing your wonderful collections!

The Irish version has a "hood". Not tailored as nicely as the older American Siesta jackets but still similar.

Irish-Merrywear-Siesta-Style-Jacket-1.jpg

Irish-Merrywear-Siesta-Style-Jacket-6.jpg

Irish-Merrywear-Siesta-Style-Jacket-3.jpg

foofoogal likes this.
  8. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Better grab them when you can. The repurposers are doing things to them like bleaching the bottoms?
    ahem.....
    Love those Siestas. Love plaid anything this time of year.

9. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Did you get this one Linda? I love it.