1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage rabbit vest - tag "JOSEPH" - What decade please for this label?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by 50sVintage, Sep 20, 2021.

1. 50sVintage

50sVintage Registered Guest

Hi All,

The Label Resource doesn't show this label. It is simply "JOSEPH." There used to be a JOSEPH store on Madison Avenue in NYC several decades ago. The label also sold through Saks and other stores. However I am looking for a more precise date range for this label.

TIA!

Mia

JOSEPH pink rabbit vest (5).JPG

JOSEPH pink rabbit vest (7).JPG

JOSEPH pink rabbit vest (3).JPG

2. 50sVintage

Here's a closeup of the label. JOSEPH pink rabbit vest (5)a.JPG

3. Avantbo

Avantbo Registered Guest

I think 9os, a little Japanese influence going on maybe so am wondering if Joseph is Joseph Ettedgui?

50sVintage likes this.
  4. 50sVintage

Oy vey. I must be losing my mind. After another google search, I cannot believe what I found. I discovered I already asked this Forum about this very designer in a post 3 years ago! I was trying then to get verification for a different item, a mohair dress & jacket, also made by the same "JOSEPH" and figured out then that it must be Joseph Ettedgui.

Well, then and now, I still have not found any other piece of apparel with a label identical to the ones on either the rabbit vest or the mohair 2-piece set. Also, the JOSEPH label is missing from the Label Resource site.

Here's my old post: https://forums.vintagefashionguild.org/threads/joseph-label-missing-from-label-resource.67701/

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Labels and designer info are added to our Label Resource as they are provided by VFG members or forum users - see here https://forums.vintagefashionguild.org/threads/post-labels-for-the-label-resource-here-2021.73117/ - so if you can narrow down the date on this label or have another Joseph one that you have dating info on, you could provide it there, that would be a start :).

Could you please post a close-up of the care / material content info label that's visible in on of your photos? I can unfortunately not make out what it says on it.

6. 50sVintage

Karin, here's a closeup. Actually, the onset date of the label is the very information I seek. My acquisition of the Joseph items was somewhere in the 1997 - 2000 range, with 2000 being the furthermost outside time.

JOSEPH pink rabbit vest (3)b.JPG

7. Avantbo

Avantbo Registered Guest

I don't know if this is of any help but the label comes in a small rectangle style to.