1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage shoe Bling

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by TangerineBoutique, Mar 2, 2010.

1. TangerineBoutique

TangerineBoutique VFG Member

OK there are shoe clips and then there are these babies

[​IMG]

by Musi (who else)

Anyone else have any favorites to show? I love great shoe clips.

Melody

2. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

3. joules

joules VFG Member

4. Elsewhere

Elsewhere VFG Member

wow.

WOW!

Do you have a pic of these NOT on shoes? I'd love to see more of how they work!!
    Very neat! thanks for sharing!

5. TangerineBoutique

Sure here are more pics plus you can also see larger versions on my website here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

7. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

:wow22:

you said it, Melody--those aren't just any ole shoe clips!

8. dorotheascloset

dorotheascloset Registered Guest

oh wow, those are amazing!!! I dont get a lot of shoe clips, but these I *had* to have!!!

[​IMG]

Still on my site, hoping someone will bite before I decide to keep them!

Ang

9. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

Musi's are SO wonderful! that is an amazing set, Melody!

10. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

ps, i always try to show them on white; we've sold nearly all our shoe clips to brides...

11. sarah-jane

sarah-jane VFG Member

Those are beautiful, but this has made me sad! I had almost managed to put right to the back of my mind my lovely Musi clips, which I discovered a customer had broken a couple of weeks ago...sniff. I'll take the camera to the shop today and photograph them - not as good as yours Melody, needless to say - and broken...and crossly stuffed in a drawer!!

Mostly I love my customers, but every now and then I wish I could put everything out of reach and apply for museum accreditation!!!

12. sarah-jane

sarah-jane VFG Member

13. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Sarah Jane -

You could send it to someone who does laser repair and it could probably be fixed for about $20-$25.00. You might have to get another "clip" and have the whole thing replaced.

I don't know where you are located but there might be someone in your area who does laser repairs and if not if you U2U me, I can give you the name of a very good person who is in Arizona.

Linn

14. TangerineBoutique

Those a great clips Sarah-jane! and what a shame. I hope you can have them fixed.

Melody

15. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

Wow, all those clips are amazing! I have never personally seen any reptile ones, and with studs no less...

I remembered this pic I have of two cool pairs of shoe clips I sold, the top pair is plastic & the bottom pair is lucite. Not as fancy as the others here but still interesting.
    [​IMG]

I wore a lot of shoe clips in high school in the 60s & my MUSI clips were my favorites.

16. sarah-jane

sarah-jane VFG Member

Thanks for the advice Linn - sorry to take so long to reply. I'm in the UK, and unsure these clips - lovely though they are - would justify the cost of repair and shipping to the US. (They also have a couple of stones missing.) I wouldn't know where to start with finding someone to do this kind of work locally...perhaps you should U2U me your address Linn and I'll post them to you - then I won't be worrying about them any more!