1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage T-shirt 13th Floor Elevators w/ care tag

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by SarahBeara, May 7, 2017.

?

70s or 80s?

1. 70s

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 80s

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SarahBeara

SarahBeara Registered Guest

Hi,
    Sorry about the sideways pics. I guess the site doesn't like vert pics?
    Super excited to be here and become part of this communities of smarties. I found this vintage faded t-shirt and am trying to figure out what decade at least its from. Done some sleuthing already so I know it has to be 72 or more recent because of the care tags. Thinking 70s or 80s. Wondering when the government started mandating "keep away from fire" warnings. That would be helpful if anyone knows-its on the back of care tag. Tag says Large but its a small in todays men's sizing. Will post pics of care tag and serging. Let me know if there's anything else you might need to ID. Thank you so much!

Attached Files:

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

The band was most active in the 1960s BUT I think because of the label it would be associated with a mid 80s re-release or documentary or something. They were out of Austin.

SarahBeara likes this.
  3. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Post 1985 and made in the UK. Check this out. Screen Shot 2017-05-07 at 3.23.12 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-05-07 at 3.23.12 PM.png

SarahBeara likes this.
  4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

We saw Roky Erickson here back in 2006 during the Pop Montreal festival. The show was showcasing an interesting documentary about him and the band. The name of the documentary is You're Gonna Miss Me and it was by Keven McAlester. It focused on Erickson's struggle with schizophrenia and the recent custody battle that tore apart his already dysfunctional family. It's a great movie, chronicling the early days of the band, the extent of their influence on the psychedelic rock scene, and Erickson's abrupt descent into drugs, mental illness and the American prison system.

They reunited as a band to play concerts back in 2015 after 48 years.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    SarahBeara and bycinbyhand like this.
  5. SarahBeara

SarahBeara Registered Guest

oooh thank you thank you! This is great information. Not quite sure I've gotten the hang of responding in this thread- Ill figure it out if i haven't already ;)

6. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

Cool t-shirt!

I remember a resurgence of interest in psychedelic 60s music in the mid to late 80s and would guess this from around that era.

SarahBeara likes this.
  7. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Very true... some GREAT basement tapes were coming out from the dark corners. I couldn't get enough of them.

SarahBeara likes this.