1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Vintage' -- the new black???

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Jonathan, May 29, 2007.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

\'Vintage\' -- the new black???

As a matter of interest I thought I would just check out the modern shoe listings on eBay so see if anybody listed anything vintage in there, as sometimes happen. So I put in 'vintage' as a keyword within the modern shoe section.... and check out the result:
    http://clothing.search-desc.ebay.co...rgnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ2QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZunknown

Apparently 'vintage' is the new word to decribe EVERYTHING!

2. The prices aren't! The name of the Dior shoes is "Vintage", but they do not put vintage in the title - weird that it comes up when the word is only in the body of the auction.

3. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Jonathan,

I used to search "vintage" in the modern women's category
    and I would end up with maybe two pages of stuff ending
    that day - now, I end up with page on page on page
    of new stuff. It's not worth searching anymore in that
    category.

Sue

4. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

If it's from last season it's vintage!

So much more Now than - '2 years old and out of style'

Hollis

5. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Vintage is just so hot as a word to drop...yes, the new black! I would think that would do us all some good, but I'm not sure, as there is just so much dross with our word!

6. avamac

avamac Alumni

Read a few months ago...may have been VOGUE, or W.....vintage defined as 'anything worth keeping', so 10 minutes out of the store is long enough :puzzled:.....my vintage shop has 100 year old items, and last year's Versace. Accurately IDed on label, of course.

7. TangerineBoutique

TangerineBoutique VFG Member

Oh brother.

Vintage should come from an era that has come and gone. The BEST vintage clearly represents the trends and styles of the past and the VERY best vintage for me would be the original designer pieces that set those trends. Vintage is a ressurection of past styles. How can it be vintage if it has not gone away yet?

-----------------
    Melody

8. hipvintage

hipvintage Alumni

Actually, it's now vintage if it's still IN the store, because the giant barge from China is already on it's way with a shipment of next month's hot sellers.

:horny:

Janine