1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Versace heels age?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Stacy, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Stacy

Stacy Registered Guest

Hello,
    I found these while thrift shopping the other day. Velvet Versace pumps, leather sole, gold medusa buckle with rhinestones. I'm guessing 1980's or early 1990's. I'm having a hard time finding any like them or age. I would like to pin down the age and as much info about the shoes as possible. I do not intend to sell, these are for my personal collection. I'm moving soon and would like to know if these should be insured and how. If they are of any significant value who do I take them to for appraisal. Also, would replacing the crystals help or hurt the value? New and need some guidance. TIA.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

early 90s. have some positively dated shoes from 1994 that look similar - buckles, shaped heel, rounded toe. It was the antidote to the pointed toed stiletto which had been around for a decade by then.

Stacy likes this.
  3. Stacy

Stacy Registered Guest

Thank you, Johnathan. Would replacing the crystals do more harm than good? Should I leave the shoes as is?

4. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

I would replace the missing stones personally, just mention it if listing.

Stacy likes this.