1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Wedding Dress - Unknown Year- Help!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by sassy42, Oct 8, 2017.

1. sassy42

sassy42 Registered Guest

Hey guys I stumbled upon this lovely old wedding dress, I have NO idea at the year and I was wondering if anyone had any idea what decade this was made in?

I just love it, I wish it fit me, I would love to fix it up and wear it.

Here are some photos. There are no tags that I could find

wedding back use -FOR FORUM.jpg wedding dress FOR FORUM.jpg wedding dres 1 - Copy.jpg wedding dress 54 - Copy.jpg

themerchantsofvintage likes this.
  2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

3. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

That is pretty - and confusing. I see several different eras, depending on what you are considering. Look forward to hearing from others.

4. Lady Scarletts

Lady Scarletts VFG Member

I have one very similar and it was from 1948 looked for a picture and can't find at the moment.
    If i find it I will post.

5. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

I see late 1940s. What a gorgeous gown!

6. Yes, the style is late '40s but wedding gown fashions change slowly and so it could go into the early '50s. The stiff shoulder pads suggest it's late '40s though.

7. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

It looks post Princess Elizabeth wedding, which was November 47.

8. greatglenvintage

greatglenvintage Registered Guest

I just inherited my grandmother's wedding dress, which looks similar, and she got married in 1949.

9. sassy42

sassy42 Registered Guest

Wow! That is just amazing. I had this inkling it was from the 40's or 50's but again like someone mentioned, it has some aspects that I consider slightly more modern?

Thank you guys so much!

In my completely inexperienced opinion it seems in good condition for its age, would you agree? It has ripping on the detailing at the top but most of the beading is intact. Just a few small stains on the sides and one on the bodice.