1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Woolrich? Help dating please!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by TeamSparkleVintage, Jul 9, 2014.

1. TeamSparkleVintage

TeamSparkleVintage Registered Guest

Hi everyone-I have this Woolrich oversized jacket that I'm looking to list, but I'm honestly at a loss as to whether this piece is vintage or not. I ran a search but couldn't find anyone inquiring about a Woolrich with a leather label in the past. It seems as though Woolrich pieces are particularly hard to date...Pictures of all tags + the item itself are below, all input is appreciated, thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

It looks not earlier than 80's/90's to me from that label (particularly the old school computer font). I was about to say being made in the U.S.A might well confirm it wasn't very new and place it more confidently towards vintage, as so much is made abroad today - however rather strangely it says both Made in the U.S.A., and then (in french) made in the E.U. My geography's pretty poor but even I know that can't be possible.

3. I think it's 1980s.....it's got the look.

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

5. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

EU stands for l'États Unis in this instance - not European Union. Woolrich is a US Company, founded in 1830 and based in Pennsylvania. You could contact them and ask when they used this label but I agree with '80's on this one.

Linn

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  6. Another vote for '80s.

7. TeamSparkleVintage

TeamSparkleVintage Registered Guest

Thanks for your input everyone, much appreciated!! I love this forum, so much valuable information-thanks again!

8. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member