1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Wranglers cords?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by robgilmo, May 13, 2021.

1. robgilmo

robgilmo Registered Guest

Any ideas guys? Firstly, do they look authentic? are there many fakes around? And do they look vintage to you?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi and welcome to the forums! Can you please also post photos of any labels inside the pants? Thanks!
    And just to let you know, we cannot authenticate items here, so that question must remain unanswered. But we can help with dating them hopefully.

robgilmo likes this.
  3. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

They look modern to me.

robgilmo likes this.
  4. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

I'm torn. That Wrangler Waist/Length sticker on the leg does look modern, But smaller white sticker on the Texas leatherette patch looks older.

robgilmo likes this.
  5. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I think they are old, but not vintage, like maybe 10-15 years old? Just a hunch...

robgilmo likes this.
  6. robgilmo

robgilmo Registered Guest

This is the label inside. IMG_8912.JPG IMG_8913.JPG IMG_8914.JPG IMG_8915.JPG IMG_8916.JPG IMG_8917.JPG

7. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

First impression is 90's though i'm not seeing a tumble dry symbol on the labels would could indicate pre 87?. I'm also confused by the sticky label to the leg.

8. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

9. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

The barcode price tag puts it into at least the 90s. They weren't in common use until the early-mid 90s. I was involved with setting up a shop in 1993/1994 and I remember the barcode reader was just becoming the new standard in retail.

GemGem likes this.
  10. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Good spot Jonathan! I had missed that.