1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintge Hat

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Vicki, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Vicki

Vicki Registered Guest

Ok.. I have this AWESOME hat, which I have just posted on eBay. Problem is .. I really don't know much about it and it really has me stumped. Maybe someone can help me identify this great hat! Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. dorotheascloset

dorotheascloset Registered Guest

I'd love to see more shots of that!!!! It strikes me as a 30s piece, like the sculptured, peaked pieces Greta Garbo wore but with a wild twist!! It looks really fabulous. Do you have a link to your listing?

Ang

3. Vicki

Vicki Registered Guest

4. dorotheascloset

dorotheascloset Registered Guest

The more I think about it, the more I can see it with a lean 40s silhouette.....sort of a spin on the 40s turbans, very glamorous!!! I think the listing looks good and you've got it right.....love that hat! Ang

5. Ok, the first thought I had when I saw the picture you posted was * That is SO WEIRD*, but not in a negative way, just so out of the ordinary!

Looking at the auction I see the fringe is off to the side and the front view is just adorable~

Oh... I wish I lived somewhere where wearing a hat didn't cause people to stare - I don't mind but my children are mortified when I put on a hat or elbow gloves, and they plead with me to not wear vintage were their friends might see me:rolleyes:

Sorry no info to add, just that I really like that hat!

6. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

G. Howard Hodge did some nice hats.

Hollis

7. Vicki

Vicki Registered Guest

Thanks for your replies!!
    Ang.... especially your input. Got a bid, let's see where it goes!

8. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

What an unusual hat, it's wonderful! Hope the auction does well for you!