Walco Bead Co.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by lindapoirier, May 2, 2014.

1. lindapoirier

lindapoirier Registered Guest

Yes, but we have to drink martinis like Edward and Wallis!

2. lindapoirier

You don't know how many times I've wanted to maile these companies and order those oak leaves and birds and point wheels!!!! $10 on Ebay! I figure it will look awesome in a small frame.

walco444.jpg

3. lindapoirier

Elsa Schiaparelli, 1938 in her Paris studio. If that isn't a cork pom-pom, I'll be a Mimi Pearce monkey!

walco445.jpg

(See:'The Coincidental Dandy' for other photos of Elsa)

4. Jeffrey Maxwell

Jeffrey Maxwell Registered Guest

That is awesome! I know this is an old thread. But I couldn't resist. I started collecting Walco Bead Co. in 1998 when I bought one of my first eBay items, a Walco Charm Craft kit. I collected over 100 of the older kits and looms after that. I had the first website about Cracker Jack prizes and bubble gum charms, so of course I put together a site about Walco Bead Co., but no one was interested in those items then, so I took the site down 15 years ago. I have not been an active collector of Walco for some time. But my collection is all stored in a container. I have been thinking about getting in there and seeing if anything is still good after all these years. You have inspired me to look into what I have.

Pinkcoke likes this.
  5. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Trade Member

Linda you can definetly still get a lot of these shapes - a haberdashery or craft shop will almost certainly sell a mixed pack of shaped sequins in one colour way or a mixed colour pack. There are websites that would sell packs of individual styles.

6. lindapoirier

I suspected as much. It is the same urge I get when looking at old comic books. I want a decoder ring too!!!

Jeffrey! I am so curious about your website. What was it called?

I would love to see highlights of your collection and to hear what you uncovered in your pursuits of the almighty Walco Bead Kits.

If you have an extra planimals kit, I would be interested in one!!!

7. lindapoirier

It is so funny but on Christma, I usually find something I've always been looking for and Santa did not disappoint me this year!!!

IMG_2991.JPG

Edit. It took me 4 years, 7 months and 22 days to find a Planimals kit! It was $35.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    Midge and poppysvintageclothing like this.
  8. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing Administrator Staff Member

9. lindapoirier

Thank you, MJ. It is, such a basic idea and when they went to the moon, I can just see the wheels turning at Walco. It tickles me to no end, the plastic windows show the animals like they are riding that ship! And then there is a plastic window on Saturn with three animals behind it. Hahaha!

It wasn't that way when I got it but I was able to reorganize the kit.