1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wallis Striped Summer Jacket

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Phil van Kleur, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Phil van Kleur

Phil van Kleur Registered Guest

I'm going to post one more after showing my Elégance Paris jacket, because it illustrates a point about changing styles. This is another summer jacket, a linen striped blazer by Wallis. Note the lovely colour of the buttons and lining.

Like the Elégance, I bought it in a central Oxford vintage shop, Unicorn. I was in there wearing it one day when a lady came in and exclaimed how nostalgic it made her feel. She'd bought an identical jacket 26 years ago, didn't have it anymore, and mine was the first one she'd seen since.

I mention 26 years because it means this is one of the few items I can date well. But also, Wallis still exist. Like Elégance, they have a website. Like Elégance, they don't sell the jacket any longer. And like Elégance, the clothes they do sell are nowhere near as colourful. I've noticed that with other vintage brands too. If the companies still exist, their current products are much less colourful than what they used to sell.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]