1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to learn about my new coat

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Needingsomehelp, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Needingsomehelp

Needingsomehelp Registered Guest

Hi all! I was out with family today and found a fantastic vintage coat for a really great price. Was hoping to get some input from you guys. The tag said vintage 70s leather. It is a Casablanca coat size 9/10. Wanting to know if 70s is correct time frame, also what would it sell for? Also any info on this brand? Tried searching them but couldn’t find them. Feel like I got a steal but truly have no clue what it would actually be worth and just feel like it’s a steal because I love the jacket! Thanks for listening to me ramble and for help identifying the jacket!

Attached Files:

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

It's great! I love that kind of coat.

Yes it's 70s. I've not heard of Casablanca.

We can't help with pricing. Best way to get a feel for value is to check what similar coats sell for on eBay or other locations. On eBay you can check sold items to know what people have actually paid. Eg search long leather vintage 70s coat and then check 'sold items'. But the venue also affects price, as does condition, size, colour, and many other factors.

If you love it and you are happy with the price, then it's a steal for you! It looks fab on you.

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Definitely 1970s. If you look up Alpine International you will find examples of other leather items using the Casablanca name.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022