1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted: Eugene Alexander dresses/clothing

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by cate, Oct 8, 2008.

1. cate

cate Registered Guest

The project to collect Eugene Alexander designer pieces by Eugene Stutzman one of the principle designers of that label continues. I have sold them my last EA dress and they are still searching for more pieces. Should any of you have this label, they would be most interested in hearing about it.

I will provide a direct email address for the agent handling this collection this evening or tomorrow morning at the latest. Thanks.

2. cate

cate Registered Guest

In case you are wondering about the label: The Eugene Alexander label hit it's stride in the 80s and early 90s. Many Hollywood and high profile political women/wives wore Eugene Alexander evening attire which was essentially the gist of their line. The most recognizable EA dress was the red dress that Julia Roberts wore to the opera in Pretty Woman. Sarah Jessica Parker wore a one shouldered vintage EA dress with the big flower in the recent Sex in the City movie which they have recently acquired. EAs sold at high end department stores like Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales and the like and tended to run toward extravagance. When partner Alexander Wallace died in the mid 90s the line died out as well so with such a short production run, the label is somewhat rare.

Here is the email address of the buying agent Susan Kauffman: [email protected]

She has asked me to spread the word to VFGers and friends because most EA dresses are considered vintage now.

Thanks.