1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WANTED Priscilla Maid of Boston Vintage Lingerie WANTED

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Ciara Schmalfeld, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Ciara Schmalfeld

Ciara Schmalfeld Registered Guest

To whom it may concern:

I am desperately trying to find any type of item from Priscilla Maid Lingerie based out of Boston around 1950s I believe. I am trying to buy a thank you gift to one of my clients that has helped me during COVID as my dog walking business has slid into the great abyss. He told me before that his family generations ago owned this company and I am trying to find an item to give to him so he can have it as a new family heirloom.

Thank you for your time & any help you can give,
    Ciara Schmalfeld
    [email protected]

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I do hope someone here has something for you, Ciara.

3. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

I will check but it sounds like a line of Pricilla of Boston, a company that used to sell wedding gowns here in Boston before it was acquired by David’s Bridals.

Here is information about the company.
    https://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/priscilla-of-boston/

I know I have a wedding dress with her petite label Teeny but will check if I have any lingerie

4. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

I've come across a lot of Priscilla of Boston pieces but I don't think I have anything at the moment.

5. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

I did a bit of research and it looks like there was a different Priscilla-Maid. There was no “of Boston” in the name. Found a few ads for nylon panties from 1948-1956. Some were for it being sold at Gilchrist’s. It sounds like the name was maybe derived from Priscilla the Maid whose story was apparently well known here in New England.

It doesn’t look like the company we know.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    GemGem likes this.