1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WANTED: Semi-Sheer Cotton gauze 70's block print long maxi

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Dee4Fashion, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Dee4Fashion

Dee4Fashion Registered Guest

For my personal use, not for resale, I am seeking to buy a semi-sheer 70s cotton gauze India block print maxi that is at least 60" long from shoulder to hem.

I love the Adini Sultana style, but having a hard time finding one long enough (I'm tall) with fabric that is thin cotton gauze, semi-sheer.

Any style with sleeves that is semi-sheer cotton and at least 60" long with India block print would be great. I wear a size Small or Medium, but I'm fine with larger sizes as I like the flowy look.

Thank you.

2. To save us from posting lots of photos of dresses that aren't what you're looking for, can you supply an image of something similar please?

3. Dee4Fashion

Thank you, Nicole, I am posting an image of a semi-sheer 70's cotton gauze caftan from India, similar to what I am seeking. But I am open to other styles that are at least 60 inches long also, as long as they are sheer cotton. Adini sultana.jpg

4. Thank you Dee: that's very helpful. I did a google search for Adini Sultana but found there was a bit of variety.

5. Dee4Fashion

Yes, there are so many beautiful Adini Sultanas, but most that I've found on etsy and ebay are shorter than 60" and have thick cotton. I'm hoping that one of the Forum vintage sellers here may have one that I could purchase.

6. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Hi Dee, I'm in the same position as you height wise, I find the best solution is to find the longest possible with an original hem and let it down - dresses from the 70s tend to have decent 2-3" hems, sometimes folded twice. Alternatively go up in size and take in at the side seams if necessary- the larger size often means it is cut longer to achieve the same length over a larger body.

7. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Probably short for you, but I do have this dress with some things right about it:

il_570xN.730787631_o8jk.jpg

8. Kate McGrath

Kate McGrath Registered Guest

I have a sheer striped magenta Sultana caftan with sleeves that measures ~58" in length. I realize this is a bit shorter than you requested so if you're interested please let me know and I can send photos.

9. Dee4Fashion

Thank you Denise for this beautiful picture and please forgive the delay in replying, I just now saw the post that you made I love the dress, but it won't look good on me in proportion to how tall I am. Thank you anyway, and if you ever find any 61 inch or longer 70s cotton dresses, please do let me know

10. Dee4Fashion

Thank you Kate very much for posting this. Unfortunately, I have tried 58 inch long dresses and they just don't look good proportionately on me because of my height. If you ever receive any 61 inch or longer vintage cotton dresses, please let me know.