1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. everlast

everlast Registered Guest

Done

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  2. Hi Tim, these are all menswear items, yes?

If you can supply your chest and height measurements it might help. They're very specific things, I hope you find what you're looking for. I do get linen suits from time to time. Do you have photos of these things perhaps? I'm not sure what the difference is between "Palm Beach" and other linen styles, so if you can identify the particulars it would be good.

3. jauntyrooster

jauntyrooster Alumni

Will keep my open....truse me many of us would love to have those items. The P38 sweater and the PB suit that isn't smurf size might the most difficult to source.

Nicole...a Palm Beach suit in earlier decades was made specifically of Palm Beach cloth. The most common color was the cream or off white but they also came in colors and patterns but finding those is quite rare. There were also many Palm Beach cloth competitors and they generally were a linen/mohair blend or something similar. I believe that, to this day, no one knows with 100% certainty the actual composition of Palm Beach cloth...we just have educated guesses.

4. Barbara and Tim, thank you for the clarification - it won't surprise you at all to hear that I've never seen a PB suit! I couldn't be further away from Palm Beach though, I'm sure they don't turn up on Australian shores very often.

Gorgeous pics Tim, I can see why you're keen to find these items, they're all really nice. I'll keep my eye out but yes, the US sellers are more likely to find them but you never know. I love good menswear and it's always top of my list.

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I have had those wonderful palm beach linen suits in the past, but it's been awhile since I have run across one.
    Hopefully, someone here will have one of these items for you.

6. jauntyrooster

jauntyrooster Alumni

I have a PB suit here. I need to measure. I believe it is smaller but will let you know for sure.

7. jauntyrooster

jauntyrooster Alumni

Here is a great ad from 1923 that explains more about Palm Beach cloth garments.

PB 1923.JPG

8. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

I actually come across Palm Beach suits once in a while - they were made right down the street from me in Sanford, Maine.

This is a good blog about the company

Code:
    http://vintagehaberdashers.com/tag/palm-beach/

9. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

I have a women's jacket made from Palm Beach cloth listed on the website
    [​IMG]

It was originally sold at Bullocks, so high end for sure. The fabric has a very nice dry hand.
    [​IMG]

10. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

11. Deanna Harris

Deanna Harris Registered Guest

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015