1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanting to contribute as well as gain from this wonderful place

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by GemGem, Oct 2, 2018.

1. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Hi everyone,

So I am at the stage between registered guest and trade member (still awaiting a response).

I would really love to be able to contribute to the resources as well as glean the fantastic knowledge here.

I have some wonderful Averardo Bessi clothing which is vintage, I believe between late 70's and early 80's.

Just sent an email to the Averardo Bessi team with some pictures asking if they can give me any further information on the items and also if I can help them i.e in terms of archiving.

I wanted to post a picture of a couple of the items but unsure where to post them since I will be selling them but am not yet a trade member. Holding off posting them here unless I get a green light for that.

Most importantly I love aiding building up a historical picture of these fantastic vintage pieces and there respective design houses and journeys.

I hope to be able to share the labels with precise dating for the label resource, possibly even the fabric dating? There are some wonderful prints of the Bessi items.

Gem

2. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

:clapping:
    This is an amazing place isn't it? Best wishes re: your trade application.

3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Also wishing you good look with your trade application!

Meanwhile, of course we'd be happy to know more about your treasures. You are welcome to contribute to our Label Resource here - even if you are not a trade member. And of course you can share your treasures - like in this forum - it's just that as a non-trade member, you're not allowed post links to items on sale in online shops/platforms or on social media :).

GemGem and peaceful vintage like this.
  4. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Thanks for the encouragement Maggie & Karin,

it's lovely to feel so welcome!

Karin, I'm trying to be extra careful with following the rules since I made a booboo in the welcome thread and posted a link to my store for people to see which was understandably removed,

I noticed in the rules to the 'show and tell' forum it states for non trade members 'not to post items for sale or links' so i was worried that posting pictures (without links) which were not specific enquiries to labels or dating might be seen as trying to promote sales. I suppose I am falling into a category which is kind of between a guest and a fully recognised member of the vfg in that I am sort of researching and sharing.

I'm possibly being overcautious but I want to make sure I am being respectful to those of you who have put so much time and expertise in here,

Gem

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for reading the rules :). I'm afraid there's always a few visitors who don't. Photos are fine as long as you don't link them to an online sale, and of course we all love to see great vintage :cheer:!

GemGem likes this.