1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

War of the Roses! Advice desperatley needed!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by ourbabyroo, Apr 8, 2004.

1. ourbabyroo

ourbabyroo Registered Guest

Ok, here is that dress again. It has been steamed twice and I still cannot get all the wrinkles/creases out! I was able to perk up the roses - thanks all for the advice with the steamer and the tweezers. :)

The other thing...it does not fit on my dress form so I had to resort to the hanging form (or "Booby Girl", as my kids refer to her ;)) I tried to finagle a back shot...but it just looks stupid.

The dress is in awesome condition....except for the obvious need for professional steaming/pressing.

So....question #1 - Some said it was 50's - some 60's last time I posted it. Should I just list as a cusp (late 50's/early 60's)?

Question #2 - Do you think these pics are adequate? I really love this dress and think it will do well....but I have been messing with it for days!! Would you keep working on them or use these? (Just realized they need to be bigger...easily fixed :))

Thanks guys....this one is going to make me crazy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wow! What a terrific dress! Very unique. I'm sure you will find a buyer. If steaming would not get rid of the wrinkles, you could try ironing on low heat (but it would be a good idea not to iron directly on the fabric--place a clean white piece of fabric between the dress and the iron). Or, if you are willing to make the investment, seek out an expert cleaner. Good luck!:)

3. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

Cusp sounds safe and it's an adorable dress.

Hollis

4. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Christine,

the roses came up wonderfully! I would cusp it, and I think the pics are great! The dress is lovely and shows very
    well.

Sue

5. bigchief

bigchief Alumni VFG Past President

Christine -

Stop torturing yourself over the pics, they show the dress beautifully! Any advice I'd offer re: the date would be a shot in the dark, so I'll refrain.

It's such a gorgeous dress! I hope to see tiny fairy Princesses from all over the world fighting over it :)

Carolyn

6. ourbabyroo

ourbabyroo Registered Guest

Thank you for all your advice...I went with late 50s/early 60s and left the pics. Keep your fingers crossed for me! :)

<i> I hope to see tiny fairy Princesses from all over the world fighting over it </i>

lol

I just added a subtitle about 1/2 hour before I saw this (taking advantage of that last minute 5cent deal!) ....it says "Pretty in Pink Precious Princess Party Dress!"

7. nsweezie

nsweezie Registered Guest

Just wanted to add that I think this is a really lovely dress! I hope you do well with it.
    Louise

8. More cheers from here! It's magical and I think your photos are showing it very well.

Steph