1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wearing some of my recently bought vintage

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Midge, May 12, 2013.

1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm not the one who constantly has her picture taken, but there are some pics of me on the first part of my trip, to French Polynesia, where some of my more recently bought vintage came in extremely handy! It was so hot, and during the day also humid, and though nobody there wears a suit or expect you to wear a suit, it was still a buisness trip so dressing nicely was still expected... at least all this didn't take up a lot of space in my limited luggage!

borabora1.jpg
    Just arrived in Bora Bora! I bought this cute 50s cotton blouse from Bette's Bargains (yes, the black jacket is the same again - it had to endure a lot of lugging around!).

borabora2.jpg
    After the feet-in-the-sand dinner at the beach, second night in Bora Bora - the cute brocade blouse I showed here. Sorry for the photo quality!

The dress from London went too and got a few outings in Taha'a, Tahiti and Sydney. I thought it was fitting with that print :).

Karin

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  2. ClubVintage

ClubVintage VFG Member

Very nice Karin, you look great!

3. joules

joules VFG Member

You're a glamorous traveler, and a wonderful ambassador of vintage fashions!

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

5. EndlessAlley

EndlessAlley Alumni

You look great, Karin! And if vintage can travel so handsomely in Bora Bora, really, it's good to go anywhere!

6. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

You look wonderful Karin, so does the beach at Bora Bora :)

7. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Linda, have you ever actually tried to wear a coconut bikini :)? It must be difficult! These girls there are really all so beautiful, and the way they move when they dance is just amazing!

We stayed in a different hotel each night (and about 2 nights per island) and had more hotel visits/inspections in between - pretty hectic, but we still had a bit of time to ourselves here and there. It does put a strain on luggage and what's in there, but it all survived. Vintage goes everywhere :headbang:!

Karin

8. MissRita

MissRita Guest

Oh I'm so jealous Karin, Bora Bora is on my bucket list. :wub:

9. marlisaysvintage

marlisaysvintage Registered Guest

You spread vintage fashion around the world, awesome!

Pinkcoke likes this.
  10. You look wonderful, and the trip must have been incredible.